Montag, 13. September 2010

Port of disembarkation


Name as it appears in Passport:
Andreas Baeumelt
Nationality:
Swiss
Passport Number:
Fxxxxxxxx
Expiry Date:
xx.xx.20xx
Place of issue:
Zurich
Date of arrival:
13.09.2010
Intended length of stay:
3 days
Port of embarkation before Singapore:
Jakarta
Port of Disembarkation after Singapore:
Zurich

So, the last two days of my long adventure around the world are waiting to be lived. Wow... What shall I say? I'm speechless. First I was in Guadeloupe (in the Caribbean) for almost 6 weeks then I worked all over Switzerland. The best place was surely ORL in Solothurn. The people were so friendly, the city is amazing and the surrounding beautiful. The work too was so interesting that I never got bored.
From the surrounding although I think Thun was even better. You're just at the gate of the alps. You can go to the highest mountains or swim in the deepest lakes. It's absolutely fabulous. And there again I realized how much I love the alps.
Singapore... good old Singapore. I lost my mind, and found it again, lost my heart and found it again. So many things happened in these two months and still so little. So many memories; only the best remain!
Indonesia... I described it as good as I can in my blog. But it's impossible to describe all the things you can experience in that vast country with so many different cultures, landscapes and animals... simply impossible! Just go there and be amazed by yourselves!

So now I'm sitting at El's and Bjoern's place... waiting for the evening. Waiting for the inevitable. Waiting for time to linger on... for life to linger on!
What will it be like? Any different than what it used to be? No! The same old problems will be back again. Too much work, too much studies, not enough time. The same old complaints that have kept people from thinking too much, that have kept people from insanity.
I think that's how it's supposed to be. Right?
But what the hell! Of course it's gonna be different. Because I will know that there's not only one calvinistic world ruled by appointments, money and success. There's a part of the world where people have other values than WASPs .
But let's not get pseudo-socio-critical. We have a choice and they don't! (...) For them it's a mere question of surviving (...).
So let's not complain! We have it all in our shoebox!

Port disembarkation: Zurich

Let's see how much magic we can find in dirty old Europe! I'll try to find it... and perhaps... who knows... I might start a new blog with the name: Shoebox-diaries... or The Sulfur-Porters from Uetliberg... Or the Buerkliplatz-Dragons... who knows.
Wir sind Helden (we are heroes)! Never forget that!

Port of disembarkation: uncertain

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen