Donnerstag, 2. September 2010

Indonesia at last


So finally...

I promised to some of my latest friends, that I would write some blog-entry in English, so they might share my thoughts. Maybe this will be my first and last entry in a foreign language... But I'll give it a try. Allthough I already know this entry will be different than the previous ones. Usually I talked about different stories and mingled them together in the end. So there used to be a conclusion or something similar. Don't expect anything alike this time. My thoughts are too crazy right now to make any sense to what I write or think. My day started with a Dolphin hunt (among 2000 other tourists), continued with Luwak Coffee, followed by the hot springs in Banjar and finished at the beach buying useless souvenirs out of pity!


What can I tell you guys? As most/all of you know I've been traveling Indonesia for the past 5 weeks. The first three weeks I was accompanied by my lovely sister. She's so amazing! We crossed Flores in 3 weeks and we've seen so many things... I mean it's crazy how much you can live in such a short time. We entered Batman's home (a cave stuffed with thousands of bats) just with our flash-lights... We played the guitar with locals, drinking Arak and learning Indonesian songs... We watched the foxes fly at the 17 islands national park (although it's 21 islands...)... We watched the perfect sunrise on the 3 colored lakes (where I found the black lake to be probably my tomb some day)... We chased the Komodo dragons (the largest lizards worldwide) with our cameras... We dived with sharks and snorkeled with mantas...
How many people can say they have lived only one of these amazing experiences? What gives me the right to be so lucky to see all of these things? How can it be that I'm even so lucky to share some of the best moments of my life with a person I love crazily, my sister? What a lucky man I am!

The weeks after her departure became less exciting but still I don't want to miss a single moment. I went to the Gilis where I did diving, diving and diving again. I saw sharks, turtles, huge morays, puffer fish and and and...  it was such a nice time... but the day I decided to leave I checked my mails and what happened? A friend of high school which I haven't seen for years wrote me: "Hey I've seen you're traveling through Indo, where are you. I'm at Gili T." So he was jut two islands far away. And hence he just finished his dive-master we did two more dives in Gili T. together... which was amazing. What a coincidence. 
It's amazing to see how people change. And in his case I can say it was for the good! But, do we really change or is there everything already inside us. All what we believe to be "coincidence" or "choice" or even "luck" might just be a given path that everyone's given the day the sperm inseminates the ovule... But then who sets the path for you? Is this just coincidence or is there a plan we cannot see? Or even a deus ex machina in the literal sense? 

I continued my trip to Bali... which first was very disappointing. After the lost paradise Flores, Bali seemed to me like a crazy, touristy hell. I imagine Fort Lauderdale during spring brake must me peanuts. I went to Ubud straight away. Where I could find some nice spots. But the diving was still tickling my mind. So I changed all my plans of going to Sumatra, packed my bags and ran away to Nusa Lembongan. Finally an island that is touristy as hell and still charming. I don't know how they manage to do it. I guess it's because you can't do there anything else than diving and surfing... gee and the surfers are cool folks, everyone knows that. It might be nescessary to mention that divers are even cooler! :-D
Anyway I did some of the best dives there and met some of the coolest guys from all over the world. What a time! One day I even tried surfing. I went to Nusa Ceningan and found the secret beach (which by the way is officially called like that). I drank a coke in the bar and the guy asked me if I want to surf. I was like: "yeah, sure... but I've never tried before." Then he was like: "It's a good day for beginners." Then I was like: "Sure I'll try!"

So, now I'm in Lovina... Back in Bali again. I had two of the most beautiful days ever. I don't even know why. Probably because I stop asking myself: Why is it me? How comes I get to see all this beauty. Perhaps it's because I start to realize that soon I'll be back home. Who knows?

I me precedent blogs this would have been the place to place a statement or to summarize all of it again in a different point of view. But today it's just not possible because I've experienced so many things in the past few weeks... and I should stop asking why. I should be able to accept gifts. But I've never been and I'll probably never bee. As long as I won't believe in a higher above there'll always be the question: Why! Is it just luck, coincidence or is the road paved for everyone differently? Does our choice make any difference? Exists difference?



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen