Samstag, 4. September 2010

Back again


Hey guys, it's me again...
Why the hell am I writing again?
Ok, I tell you... I'm in Bondowoso. - Where? - Exactly... nowhere. I got here last night because it's the starting point to Kawa Ijen, wich some say is much better than Mt.Bromo. But I got here at 3 in the morning and didn't want to go for the trip on the plateau at 4 am... so I spend one whole day of doing nothing in nowhere. But in nowhere I'm the only "tourist" (how the locals like to call me). Finally I'm not called Bulleh anymore (which means "the white").
No one will believe me that the only english speaking person I met was the receptionist in the hotel. And I've been wandering some time along the market of Bondowoso. The people are amazed by a Bulleh. They want to address you somehow and hence the only English sentences they know are "Hello mister, whereyu come from?" and "What is your name?" I had to repeat thousand times "Selamat malam, Swiss (they think that Switzerland is a town in Australia, so make sure to say Swiss, everyone knows Swiss...), Andy, Terima kasih..." But this is unfortunately it. I can't speak with any of them and you can see that these people would love to know more about you, and I would love to know more about them.
At least I learned the numbers, so I can buy something to drink and ask for the price. But as soon as I say "Satu air minum, tolong" (Literally: One drinking water, please) people start shouting something that must mean "Ah, you know Bhasa Indonesia, how great..." And all I can do is shake my head and say "Tidak (No)..."
What a shame that there's so many languages we don't speek... In all these languages we loose the possibility to be a different person. Cause my Great-grand-mother used to say: "In every language you speak you are a different person." And I would love to be as many different characters as possible just to meet as many different people as possible to learn about as many different cultures and even more customs... Does this change something? No! But it's part of my curiosity! It's part of me. I want to know, I want to see... I think I would have gotten out very well with my great-grand-mother...
This still doesn't answer my question, why I'm writing again. To be honest... Just to escape the crowded streets with all the people shouting: Whereyou come from and Whats your name...
What a hypocrite I am... Pretending I want to learn, too lazy really to learn... But laziness is the big brake everyone of us bears inside his brain... So I better be off watching television.
Big hugs to all my friends and those I haven't met yet. Make sure to tell me your story!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen